On this page...
- Which classic books everyone should read?
- Which ones do you know are the best sellers?
- which classic books you must read?
"Reading a good book is like talking to the most outstanding person."
Top 34 Best-Selling Classic Books Everyone Should Read in 2023
1. A Tale of Two Cities
2. The Lord of the Rings
3. The Little Prince
4. And Then There Were None
5. The Hobbit
6. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
8. The Da Vinci Code
- Dan Brown has long been concerned about the conflicts between Christian orthodoxy, Christian tribes, science, and atheism. I have seen his other work "Angels and Demons" as well. Focusing on a relatively large topic for a long time can make the work more powerful.
- Choose a relatively peaceful enemy. In the dark ages of Christianity, there was a habit of using people to cook barbecues, but now there are basically no such incidents. In comparison, Rushdie, the author of "Satan's Psalms," is obviously more misguided.
- The public likes novels but dislikes academic papers, and likes conclusions but dislikes derivation. In terms of academic value, "Holy Blood and the Holy Grail" is obviously more worth reading than "The Da Vinci Code". However, "The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail" is an academic work, and it is more concerned with the objectivity of viewpoints and the comprehensiveness of evidence and does not intend to draw conclusions under the circumstances of insufficient evidence. The novel is different. The novel can describe a conjecture as a fact at will.
- The main business club of the mysterious organization was selected as the villain. Everyone knows that novels are fictitious, but everyone tends to forget this when reading. Therefore, the interlacing of reality and fiction in the novel will make readers feel more substitutions and believe in the description in the novel.
9. Think and Grow Rich
10. 1984 by George Orwell
11. Muslim's Funeral by Hoda
12. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
13. One Hundred Years of Solitude by García Márquez
14. A Message to Garcia by Elbert Hubbard
15. A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking
16. Les Miserables by Hugo
17. The Old Man and the Sea by Hemingway
18. A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose by Eckhart Tolle
19. The Second Half of Life by Angeles Arrien
20. The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck
21. The Godfather by Mario Puzo
22. The Book of Men by William J. Bennett
23. Paradise Lost by John Milton
24. The Lover by Marguerite Duras
26. The Analects of Confucius by Roger T. Ames and Henry Rosemont Jr.
27. Origin of Species by Charles Darwin
28. The Arabian Nights by Sir Richard Burton
29. Dream of Red Mansions
30. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
31. Buddha: A Story of Enlightenment by Deepak Chopra
32. The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith
33. This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly by Carmen M. Reinhart
34. The World is Flat by Thomas L. Friedman
You May Also Like: Best-selling classic books you must read in 2023
- The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger
- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
- The Grapes Of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Romeo And Juliet by William Shakespeare
- The Odyssey by Homer
- The Picture Of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf
- On The Road by Jack Kerouac
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt
- A House for Mr. Biswas by V.S. Naipaul
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- Cane by Jean Toomer
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- Go Tell It On The Mountain by James Baldwin
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
- Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
- Howards End by E.M. Forster
- Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Discover literary treasures at ReadingAndThinking.com – your ultimate destination for insightful book recommendations and reviews!
Please Share These Resources with Colleagues, Friends, and Family.