On this page...
The 25 Best Graphic Design Books to Read in 2023
- Logo design (logo design, trademark design)
- CIS design, VI design (corporate image recognition system design)
- Advertising design, advertising creative design
- Poster design, DM design (pamphlet design)
- Sample design, brochure design, picture album design
- Floor book design, annual report design
- Packaging Design
- Book illustration drawing, greeting card design, invitation design
- Newspaper and magazine layout design
- All kinds of printed matter designs and so on.
1. Before & After: How to Design Cool Stuff
by John McWade
2. An Illustrated Life
by Danny Gregory
3. Simple and Usable: Web, Mobile, and Interaction Design
by Giles Colborne
4. Emotional Design
by Don Norman
5. The Graphic Design Idea Book
by Steven Heller (Author), Gail Anderson (Author)
6. Steal Like an Artist
by Austin Kleon
7. How to Be a Graphic Designer without Losing Your Soul
by Adrian Shaughnessy
8. Run Studio Run
by Eli Altman
9. Work for Money, Design for Love
by David Airey
10. Two-Dimensional Man
by Paul Sahre
11. Graphic Design For Everyone
by Cath Caldwell
12. Grid systems in graphic design
by Josef Müller-Brockmann
13. The Design of Everyday Things
by Donald A. Norman
14. Paul Rand: Conversations with Students
by Michael Kroeger
15. Designing Design
by Kenya Hara
16. Typographic Systems of Design
by Kimberly Elam
17. Don't Make Me Think, Revisited
by Steve Krug
18. The Story of Art
by E.H. Gombrich
19. The Non-Designer's Design Book
by Robin Williams
- The four principles of design that underlie every design project
- How to design with color
- How to design with type
- How to combine typefaces for maximum effect
- How to see and think like a professional designer
- Specific tips on designing newsletters, brochures, flyers, and other projects.
20. Logo, Font & Lettering Bible
by Leslie Cabarga
21. How to Think Like a Great Graphic Designer
by Debbie Millman
22. Basics Design 02: Layout: Second Edition
by Gavin Ambrose
23. The Essential Principles Of Graphic Design
by Debbie Millman
24. Design Elements
by Timothy Samara
25. What is Graphic Design?
by Quentin Newark
FAQ: Best Graphic Design Books
What do you need to learn in graphic design?
The basic contents that must be learned in graphic design include:
- Three major components of design basis (color composition, plane composition, three-dimensional composition), sketch basis, color matching, and color psychology.
- Copywriting design/marketing knowledge and simple advertising slogans must be able to write.
- Layout: layout formation principle, grid design theory, basic element types of pages.
- Software: CorelDraw, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
What are the criteria for good graphic design?
What we are talking about here are the most basic principles in design!
The level is clear:
What is the importance of graphic design to our lives
1. The impact of graphic design on business and life
2. The impact of graphic design on culture
Do you know the basic elements of learning graphic design?
Discover literary treasures at ReadingAndThinking.com – your ultimate destination for insightful book recommendations and reviews!
Please Share These Resources with Colleagues, Friends, and Family.