On this page...
Best Science Fiction Books for Teens
13 Best Science Fiction Books for Teens and Young Adults (2023)
Cultivating young people's scientific awareness and humanistic spirit
Provide a broad literary stage for the imagination
1. Isaac Asimov: The Complete Stories
Book Review: Isaac Asimov: The Complete Stories by Isaac Asimov
2. Foundation and Empire
3. Lord of Light
4. A Fire Upon The Deep
Book Review: Neuromancer by William Gibson
6. Mona Lisa Overdrive
"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel." -- Chapter 1 of Neuromancer
"..., But Slick knew from experience that it was easier not to interrupt him; the trick was in pulling some kind of meaning out of the overall flow, skipping over the parts you didn't understand." --Mona Lisa Overdrive Chapter 21 of The Aleph
7. Warriors #1: Into the Wild
Book Review: Warriors #1: Into the Wild by Erin Hunter
8. The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents
Book Review: The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents by Terry Pratchett
9. Ender's Game
Book Review: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
10. The Miracles of the Namiya General Store
Book Review: The Miracles of the Namiya General Store by Keigo Higashino
11. The Giver
Book Review: The Giver by Lois Lowry
12. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Book Review: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
13. Fahrenheit 451
Book Review: Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
14. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- New York Times Bestseller
- Nominated by PBS The Great American Read
15. The Hunger Games
- Swept the "New York Times", "USA Today", "Wall Street Times", "Publisher Weekly", Amazon Online Bookstore, American Independent Bookstore (Indie), and other best-seller lists, authorized 39 countries and regions around the world.
- "The Hunger Games" topped the "New York Times" bestseller list, with 1,200,000 copies released in 66 weeks.
- 2008 Cybils Youth Fantasy and Science Fiction Award
- "Publisher Weekly" "Book of the Year"
- "New York Times" "The Most Notable Book of the Year" "Book Review Editor's Choice"
- American Library Association "Ten Works First Selected by Teenagers"
- "School Library Journal" "Book of the Year"
- 2008-2009 Winter Youth Books Ranking
- Amazon Online Bookstore "Book of the Year" "Editor's Choice Top 100"
- Barnes & Noble "Book of the Year"
16. A Wrinkle in Time
- "Dune" is the legendary masterpiece of the great science fiction writer Frank Herbert.
- "Sand Dunes" is on every "must-read of life" booklist
- U.S. book e-commerce "100 books you must read in a lifetime"
- BBC "100 Books Loved by All the British"
- National Public Radio "Science Fiction and Fantasy TOP100"
- Won the title of "Outstanding Science Fiction Novel of the 20th Century" by "Track" magazine
- The first work to win both the Hugo Award and the Nebula Award, a must-read classic in the history of science fiction
- Popular around the world for more than half a century, global sales have exceeded 12 million copies
18. I, Robot
19. The Martian Chronicles
21. The 5th Wave
24. Kindred: A Graphic Novel Adaptation
25. The Martian
Discover literary treasures at ReadingAndThinking.com – your ultimate destination for insightful book recommendations and reviews!
Please Share These Resources with Colleagues, Friends, and Family.