On this page...
Top 15 Best Healthcare Books to Read in 2023
1. Inside National Health Reform
Inside National Health Reform by John E. McDonough
2. The Social Transformation of American Medicine
The Social Transformation of American Medicine by Paul Starr
3. Remedy and Reaction
Remedy and Reaction: The Peculiar American Struggle over Health Care Reform by Paul Starr
4. Bring Market Prices to Medicare
Bring Market Prices to Medicare by Robert F. Coulam
5. Your Money or Your Life
Your Money or Your Life: Strong Medicine for America's Health Care System by David M. Cutler
6. A Plague Upon Our House
A Plague Upon Our House by Scott W. Atlas M.D.
7. The Premonition: A Pandemic Story
The Premonition: A Pandemic Story by Michael Lewis
8. Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters
Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End by Atul Gawande
9. Uncontrolled Spread
Uncontrolled Spread: Why COVID-19 Crushed Us and How We Can Defeat the Next Pandemic by Scott Gottlieb
10. Encyclopedia of Primary Prevention and Health Promotion
Encyclopedia of Primary Prevention and Health Promotion
- Foundational Topics
- Early Childhood and Childhood
- Adulthood and Older Adulthood Within each volume, issues of illness prevention and health promotion (sometimes referred to as "positive psychology") are addressed in chapter-length entries arranged alphabetically.
11. The Power of Women: A Doctor's Journey of Hope and Healing
The Power of Women: A Doctor's Journey of Hope and Healing by Denis Mukwege
12. Summary Of The Real Anthony Fauci
Summary Of The Real Anthony Fauci By Robert F. Kennedy by Daniel Tracy
13. Measles Book
Measles Book: Thirty-Five Secrets the Government and the Media Aren't Telling You about Measles and the Measles Vaccine by Children's Health Defense
- Vaccines are not safe for every child and the government and pharmaceutical companies have known this for years.
- Some children will get injured or die from vaccines and the government and pharmaceutical companies know this, too.
- Pharmaceutical companies have developed an incredible way to make money from vaccines, and not be held accountable.
- When a child is injured or killed by a vaccine, the pharmaceutical company does not pay for the damage it caused—we do!
14. Never Pay the First Bill
Never Pay the First Bill by Marshall Allen
15. Health Policy and Politics: A Nurse's Guide
Health Policy and Politics: A Nurse's Guide by Jeri A. Milstead
You May Also Like: Best Books on Healthcare Policy
- America's Bitter Pill: Money, Politics, Backroom Deals, and the Fight to Fix Our Broken Healthcare System
- The Healing of America: A Global Quest for Better, Cheaper, and Fairer Health Care
- An American Sickness: How Healthcare Became Big Business and How You Can Take It Back
- Which Country Has the World's Best Health Care?
- The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right
- Bottle of Lies: The Inside Story of the Generic Drug Boom
- Dreamland: The True Tale of America's Opiate Epidemic
- Introduction to the U.S. Health Policy: The Organization, Financing, and Delivery of Health Care in America
- Overtreated: Why Too Much Medicine Is Making Us Sicker and Poorer
- Critical: What We Can Do About the Healthcare Crisis
Discover literary treasures at ReadingAndThinking.com – your ultimate destination for insightful book recommendations and reviews!
Please Share These Resources with Colleagues, Friends, and Family.