On this page...
Best Baking Books to Buy 2023
|Mary Berry's Baking Bible||400 pages||
|Tartine: A Classic Revisited||328 pages||
|BraveTart: Iconic American Desserts||400 pages||
|The Art of French Pastry||432 pages||
|The King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion||640 pages||
What does baking mean?
- Sudden expansion and stiff hair: The gas inside the product expands by heat, and the volume of the product increases rapidly.
- Maturity and shape: Due to protein coagulation and starch gelatinization, the product structure is shaped and basically mature.
- Skin coloration: The skin is formed due to the high surface temperature. At the same time, due to the caramelization of sugar and Maillard reaction, the skin color is gradually darkened, but the inside of the product may still be wet and the taste is sticky.
- Internal drying: With heat penetration and further evaporation of water, the internal tissue of the product is baked to a good degree, neither sticky nor wet, nor dry, and the skin color and hardness are appropriate.
Best Baking Cookbooks: Baking food culture
Best Baking Cookbooks: Before putting out the recipe book
- For many beginner bakers, there will be this question: What are low-gluten, medium-gluten, and high-gluten flour, and what is the difference? To put it simply, low-gluten flour is suitable for making biscuits and cakes; medium-gluten flour is generally used flour, suitable for making steamed buns, etc.; high-gluten flour is generally used for making bread, it is that simple.
- When making most biscuits, it can be done by heating up and down at 180 degrees for 15 minutes. Also, after the biscuits with a lot of butter are made, they won't become crispy until they are cold. Don't think you haven't made them.
- Before baking some biscuits, the dough needs to be frozen, because it is convenient to slice after freezing, and there is no other reason.
- There is also egg liquid added to the biscuits to make the biscuits more crispy and increase the coagulation power. Generally speaking, the whole egg liquid is "white + egg yolk" to break together, and a few biscuits only need the egg yolk liquid, just like this.
The 10 Best Baking Cookbooks for Beginners and Professional Bakers 2023
Related Topics: Best CookBooks
- 15 Best Baking Cookbooks for Teens & Young Adults
- Top 15 Best Cookie Cookbooks
- The 10 Best Baking Cookbooks for Beginners to Read
- 15 Best Bread Cookbooks of All Time
- 20 Best Cake and Pastry Cookbooks for 2023
- Make a Cake from Scratch | easy and simplest recipes to follow
- 46 Best-selling cookbooks of all time for your kitchen
1. Mary Berry's Baking Bible
2. Tartine: A Classic Revisited
3. BraveTart: Iconic American Desserts
4. My Bread
5. The Cake Bible
7. The Art of French Pastry
- napoléons / Mille-Feuilles
- cream puffs
- Alsatian cinnamon rolls/chinois
- lemon cream tart with meringue teardrops
- elephant ears / palmiers
- black forest cake
- Tarte Flambée
- Warm Alsatian Meat Pie
8. The Book on Pie
9. Good to the Grain
10. The King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion
FAQ: Best Baking Cookbooks for Beginners to Read in 2023
What is baking? How to play the feeling you want
- Making dough: "watching" the ingredients and adding them to the conditioning basin When mixing, start stirring, pour the flour, and use a rubber spatula or rice spoon to mix well, feel the strength of the stirring and the stickiness of the ingredients attached to the spatula, and "hear" the slight sound produced by the fusion of the ingredients and the air during stirring. , The accidental sound of the mixing spoon hitting the bowl makes people smile. Then switch to mixing the dough with both hands and feel the stickiness of the dough. After repeated kneading and pressing, the shaking and folding methods come in handy!
- Fold the dough: "Touch" the sticky dough, start to beat, and wait for fermentation. Repeated beats are relaxed until the surface of the dough is gradually smooth. In the process, feel the softness of the dough. Hard touch. After filling the stuffing, coat with egg yolk sprinkle with chopped green onions, and bake in the oven.
- Waiting for baking: carefully "watch" the state of the bread slowly expanding and forming in the oven, and wait with patience and time. Remember to "sniff" the bread with your nose when the oven begins to emit a burst of fragrance.
- Taste careful: Ding! "Listen" to the scallion bread coming out of the oven! Smell the aroma again when taking the bread with both hands! Feel the warmth, springiness, and fluffiness of the bread with your hands, and then slowly "taste" it. At the entrance, I feel the fusion of chives, bread body, and fillings in my mouth, and I also thank myself for making delicious bread in my heart.
What exactly does baking do?
- Pulp skins: made with syrup and noodles, stuffed, shaped, and baked, such as pulped moon cakes and double hemp moon cakes.
- Mixed sugar crusts: Use powdered sugar to mix noodles, fill, shape, and bake to make Cantonese-style moon cakes.
- Biscuits: hand-made pastry-style biscuits. Oil, sugar, noodles, and water are mixed together, rolled into slices, and baked to make them, such as Takahashi thin crisp, sesame cake.
- Crisps: made with high oil, sugar, and noodles, printed, cut into pieces, and baked, such as almond crisps and sugar crisps.
- Cakes: Use a large number of eggs, add sugar and noodles, whip into a paste, cast into a mold, and bake or steam, such as lama cakes and square cakes.
- Deep-fried products: prepared by deep-frying after being prepared, such as platoon fork, twist, sashimi, etc.
- Other categories: All pastries with different ingredients, processing, and cooking methods from the first six categories belong to this category, such as mung bean cake, Lantern Festival, various cake balls, etc.
Baking Nutritional Value
Discover literary treasures at ReadingAndThinking.com – your ultimate destination for insightful book recommendations and reviews!
Please Share These Resources with Colleagues, Friends, and Family.