Self-help books often focus on popular psychology such as romantic relationships, or aspects of the mind and human behavior that believers in self-help feel can be controlled with effort.
Self-help books typically advertise themselves as being able to increase self-awareness and performance, including satisfaction with one's life. They often say that they can help you achieve this more quickly than with conventional therapies.
In the psychological self-help book, the dictionary defines "self-help" as the act of self-help or self-improvement without the help of others. Then, psychological self-help books can be defined as books on how to deal with one's own personal or emotional problems without professional help.
Based on this, we can know that books on the soul, physical health, diet, and appearance are not included in this list.
As a new type of service model, it provides readers with an autonomous, free, and self-service space with many functions.
Focusing on readers, under certain service facilities and service processes, users can complete bibliographic inquiry and library reading according to their own reading interests, needs, preferences, research focus, autonomy, and flexibility. , Data retrieval, document copying, etc., so as to realize a self-service reader service method.
Finally, borrowing books does not have to wait in long lines and wait for cumbersome procedures. When most readers choose to borrow and return books by themselves, due to the reduction of labor costs, the service quality of librarians will be correspondingly improved. There is also more time to answer readers’ questions and to further draw the distance between readers and librarians, making readers more willing to borrow books.
Simply put, through self-service, readers can maximize the use of various resources, achieve the purpose of obtaining and using literature, and ultimately solve problems.
Many celebrities have marketed self-help books including Jennifer Love Hewitt, Oprah Winfrey, Elizabeth Taylor, Charlie Fitzmaurice, Tony Robbins, Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra, and Cher.
Like most books, self-help books can be purchased both offline and online; 'between 1972 and 2000, the numbers of self-help books...increased from 1.1 percent to 2.4 percent of the total number of books in print.
Usually, books about positive thinking or optimism will reveal how an improved attitude will also lead to a more successful and healthy life.
In general, most of the below articles are aimed at The Best Self Help Books, Personal Development & Self-Improvement Books with slightly different emphasis.
- The Best 10 Books That Will Make You More Intelligent
- The Best 10 Easy To Read Books That Make You Smarter, Intelligent, and Interesting
- What Are Some of The Best Life-Changing Books?
- What Are The Best Intellectual Books Everyone Should Read?
- 10 Best Books For Intellectual Growth – Ultimate Knowledge in 2022
- Intellectual Books To Read Before You Die - Ultimate List 2022
- The 10 most influential books in history | Best influential books
- The 10 Best Books About Dreams You Need on Your Shelf
- 10 Books to Read That will Make you Sound Smart
- The Best Books on Logic and Logical Thinking
- 10 Self-Help Books that Actually Changed My Life
- 13 Best Self-Development Books to Read in 2022
- The 10 Best Books to Learn Martial Art and Self-Defense
- 13 Self-Help Books That Will Change Your Life in 2022
- 15 Best Self-Help books for Anxiety & Overthinking
- 15 Best Self-Help Books For Young Adults of 2022