On this page...
- "Dune" is the legendary masterpiece of the great science fiction writer Frank Herbert.
- Every "Must-Read" book list has "Dune"
- American Amazon "100 books you must read in a lifetime"
- BBC "British 100 Most Popular Books"
- National Public Radio "Science Fiction•Fantasy Novel TOP100"
- Won the title of "Best Science Fiction Novel of the 20th Century" by "Track" magazine
- The first work to win both the Hugo Award and the Nebula Award, a must-read classic in the history of science fiction.
- Every time human beings face their own insignificance, it is a huge improvement for them.
- The position of "Dune" in science fiction literature is just like the position of "The Lord of the Rings" in fantasy literature.
- It has been popular all over the world for more than half a century, and its global sales have exceeded 12 million copies.
- "Dune" was adapted into "Dune Castle", the originator of the real-time strategy game that is popular all over the world. The resulting "Red Alert" and "StarCraft" have become a must-have item on almost every computer.
- Giving birth to classic science fiction movies such as "Star Wars" and "Avatar".
- The position of "Dune" in science fiction literature is just like the position of "The Lord of the Rings" in fantasy literature. ——"Library Magazine"
- A milestone in the history of science fiction. ——"Chicago Tribune"
- The alien planet depicted in this work is more complete and delicate than other science fiction writers, and it perfectly balances technical description and psychological description. ——"Washington Post"
- With climate change, the situation in the Middle East, and energy crises emerging one after another, "Dune" is more realistic than it was 50 years ago. If you haven't read it yet, you should definitely come and read it. ——"New York Times"
- Herbert's creation of this planet, including complex plot development, as well as ecology, religion, politics, and philosophy, is a great and far-reaching achievement in the history of science fiction ——"Louisville Times"
- Strong appeal, a convincing plot, and absolutely genius creativity. ——Robert A. Heinlein, author of "Starship Paratrooper"
- In terms of the vividness and complexity of the story, Dune is comparable to Jin Yong's novels. "Dune" is not just a science fiction novel. It contains politics, economy, military, religion, ecology, futurology, etc. It also puts human nature, human nature, and human purpose on a cosmic scale. Ultimately, this scale is probably beyond Jin Yong's. —— Yan Feng, Professor of the Chinese Department of Fudan University
- unique. Only "Lord of the Rings" can match it. ——The famous British science fiction writer Arthur C. Clark
- If you have only read the extension or adaptation of this masterpiece, you don't really understand what "Dune" is about. This is a "fully immersive experience that you must read to fully appreciate". ——Pat Cadigan, author of "Synthetic Man"
- One of the benchmarks in the history of modern science fiction, the monument of image creation. ——American science fiction writer P. Schuyler Miller
About the Author ——Frank Herbert (1920-1986)
Excerpts from the original text: Dune Book Review
I must not be afraid. Fear can stifle thinking ability, is a lurking god of death, and can completely destroy a person. I want to tolerate it, let it pass through my heart, through my body and mind. When all this is over, I will open my eyes deep in my soul and examine its trajectory. Fear is like the wind, and there is no trace of the wind, but I still stand. ——Quoted on page 330
Dune Book Summary & Short Comment
10 things you need to know before reading the "must-read of a lifetime" "Dune"
1. "Dune" is on every "must-read of life" booklist
2. The patriarch of the IP world
3. The milestone of "soft science fiction"
4. Remember to stick the appendix on the bedside
5. Thanks to Mrs. Herbert
6. Don't always worry about the beauty of a beautiful age, this indescribable column is the real hero.
7. Fired the first shot of "anti-intellectual"
8. A small manual for starting a business and making a fortune
9. Don't expect big movies
10. Finally, please note that the world of dunes is fake! fake!
Dune by Frank Herbert ——Book Reviews
- The first is to have a good story,
- Second, the other is to have a brain that is beyond imagination but is logical, and
- Third, It is necessary to have a spiritual core that can withstand the test of time.
- Fourth, the story, the brain, and the spiritual core can be perfectly combined.
- First, it is necessary to be able to write insights that satisfy readers.
- Second, there must be a mental core worthy of this brain hole.
- First of all, he taught science fiction writers how to give the spiritual core of science fiction novels.
- Second, he brought science fiction into the palace of mainstream literature.
- In the end, he passed through science fiction and successfully triggered People to pay attention to and think about politics, religion, philosophy, history, human evolution, and desert ecology.
Discover literary treasures at ReadingAndThinking.com – your ultimate destination for insightful book recommendations and reviews!
Please Share These Resources with Colleagues, Friends, and Family.