The 20 Best Books on Gut Health to Read Improve Gut Health in 2024
- Increase the diversity of food, which is conducive to the growth of intestinal flora. Learn the Mediterranean diet, adding whole grains, olive oil, all kinds of fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts, red wine, fish, and dairy products;
- Eat more organic food and reduce the indirect intake of antibiotics and hormones. Antibiotics will greatly reduce intestinal microorganisms;
- Be wary of sugar in processed foods; sweeteners are just as bad, disrupting the function of gut flora, negatively impacting metabolism, and thus endangering health;
- Dark chocolate containing 70% cocoa is good for health. People who eat chocolate often have healthier metabolism and intestinal flora;
- Drinking a cup of coffee in the morning can wake up the microorganisms in the body. Coffee contains polyphenols and cellulose, while tea has no cellulose;
- Regularly drinking a small amount of alcohol can greatly increase the types of gut microbes;
- As long as no salt is added, eating 30 grams of mixed nuts a day has a significant reduction in the risk of heart disease compared with the low-fat diet group, which is almost equivalent to the additional consumption of olive oil;
- Proper fasting and learning to starve can reduce body fat and stress-related cortisol levels.
- Short-chain fatty acids - SCFAs (short-chain fatty acids) are the products of the decomposition of fibers by the beneficial intestinal flora, which have many benefits to the human body.
- prebiotics, probiotics, and postbiotics - that is, prebiotics, probiotics, and postbiotics.
- Rainbow Food Theory
- How to tell if the homemade sauerkraut is spoiled - just look at it with your eyes, if it is moldy, hairy, or smelly, it is broken.
- The first part (Prelude - Chapter 3) details how microorganisms affect our physical health and control our brains;
- the second part (Chapter 4 - Chapter 5) details Understanding allergies because the immune system is too dutiful, and how people overuse antibiotics and destroy their own immune systems;
- Part 3 (Chapter 6 - Finale) We can be in harmony with the microbiome through conscious choices of food, medicine, birth, and feeding Symbiosis, at the same time, can also reshape the microflora in the body and treat special diseases through "fecal transplantation" technology.
- THE IMPORTANCE OF YOUR GUT
- DIET FOR OPTIMUM GUT HEALTH
- LIFESTYLE AND ENVIRONMENT FOR OPTIMUM GUT HEALTH
- TOOLS FOR HEALING YOUR GUT
- THE GREAT-IN-8 ACTION PLAN
18. The Gut Health Diet Plan by Christine Bailey
19. Happy Healthy Gut by Jennifer Browne
20. Dr. Colbert's Healthy Gut Zone by Don Colbert MD
Popular Gut Health Book
- Gut by Giulia Enders
- The Good Gut by Justin Sonnenburg
- The Mind-Gut Connection by Emeran Mayer
- Fiber Fueled by Will Bulsiewicz
- Healthy Gut, Healthy You by Michael Ruscio
- The Diet Myth by Tim Spector
- Gut and Psychology Syndrome by Natasha Campbell
- Super Gut by William Davis
- Brain Maker by David Perlmutter
- Eat Dirt by Josh Axe