Best Fitness Books of All Time
Related Topics: Health & Fitness Books
1. The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding
- Arnold's tried-and-true tips for sculpting, strengthening, and defining each and every muscle to create the ultimate buff physique
- The most effective methods of strength training to stilt your needs, whether you're an amateur athlete or a pro bodybuilder preparing for a competition
- Comprehensive information on health, nutrition, and dietary supplements to help you build muscle, lose fat, and maintain optimum energy
- Expert advice on the prevention and treatment of sports-related injuries
- Strategies and tactics for competitive bodybuilders from selecting poses to handling publicity
- The fascinating history and growth of bodybuilding as a sport, with a photographic "Bodybuilding Hall of Fame"
- And, of course, Arnold's individual brand of inspiration and motivation throughout
2. Convict Conditioning
- one set of 5 one-arm pushups on each side with the ELITE goal of 100 sets on each side
- one set of 5 one-leg squats on each side with the ELITE goal of 2 sets of 50 on each side
- one set of 1 one-arm pull-up on each side with the ELITE goal of 2 sets of 6 on each side
- one set of 5 hanging straight leg raises with the ELITE goal of 2 sets of 30
- one set of 1 stand-to-stand bridges-with the ELITE goal of 2 sets of 30
- one set of 1 one-arm handstand pushups-with the ELITE goal of 1 set of 5
3. Hardcore Fitness
4. Nutritional strategies in weight training and bodybuilding
5. 7 Steps to a Pain-Free Life
6. The Pocket Atlas of Human Anatomy
7. Basics of strength training
- Why barbells are the most effective tools for strength training.
- The mechanical basis of barbell training is concisely and logically explained.
- All new photographs and improved illustrations of all the lifts, and the biomechanics behind them.
- Complete, easy-to-follow instructions for performing the basic barbell exercises: the squat, press, deadlift, bench press, power clean, and power snatch.
- Revised instruction methods for all six lifts, proven effective in four years of seminar, military, and group instruction.
- How the human body adapts to stress through recovery, and why this is the foundation of the development of strength and lifetime health.
- How to program the basic exercises into the most effective program for long-term progress.
- Completely indexed.
- The most productive method in existence for anyone beginning a strength training program.